I can thank Linda for this one who got in touch with me via my Facebook page (here it is). She was looking for a wheat and dairy free brownie recipe and could she find one? So I did a little digging and turned to my friend and fellow foodie Nichola Ludlam- Raine for a little inspiration. While her recipe was lovely I felt a few Mumford tweaks were in order and this is the result.
There are a few options here too. You can go with the recipe as it stands or, if you’re OK with dairy, replace the coconut oil with butter. I’ve also drizzled melted chocolate over the top here (see my recipe for dairy free chocolate) but you don’t have to. Have a go and let me know what you think.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 50g coconut flour
- 50g cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 30g melted coconut oil (or butter)
- 150g mashed banana
- 3 eggs
- 50g honey (or maple syrup)
- 3 tsp vanilla or orange essence
WHAT YOU DO:
- Preheat your oven to 150c and grease/line a baking tray
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl (coconut oil, banana, eggs, honey and vanilla essence)
- Slowly add the flour and cocoa, mixing as you go.
- Pour your mixture into a baking tray and pop in the oven for around 30 minutes or until it starts to brown (and go firm) on top.
- Leave to stand for around 30 minutes before adding the melted chocolate or just diving in.